Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Heather@FootAnstey

Contact Manager Search List to Include Telephone number Empty Contact Manager Search List to Include Telephone number

Fri 17 Apr 2020 - 14:16
Original Post: Paul Cowen 19/10/2012 14:30:39

"Does anyone know how you can change the Default Search list in the Contact Manager to include the telephone number. This would greatly enhance the search capabilities."

Responses:

technical [Phil] 19/10/2012 15:26:08
"Hi Paul,
I've also been playing with this, as you say it could be quite useful.
The only way I’ve found that could work is editing the store procedure “schSearchContact” which is called by the search list “SchConSTD” obviously this is not to be taken lightly.
What I’m thinking at the moment is creating a link to the ContactNumbers table with an outer join like below (I only want telephone number, but you could do the same for Mobiles or any other numbers)
LEFT OUTER JOIN [MCGRINDDEV].[dbo].[dbContactNumbers]
ON dbContactNumber.contID = CONT.contID
and dbContactNumber.contCode = 'TELEPHONE'
Then add the below to the Select part add the below to make the columnvisible Coalesce(dbContactNumber.contNumber, '') as 'Telephone'
This should mean you now get telephone numbers for contacts when one is available, but you will need to edit the SearchList to add in the New Column in the Columns Collection.
What you think, is that workable? You got any other ideas? Phil"

Richard Annison 19/10/2012 15:40:51
"You can point the search at a different searchlist by overriding the defaultSearchListsGroups in regXml The values you need to override are
SearchManagerContact or SearchManagerClient or SearchManagerFile Regards
Richard"

technical [Phil] 19/10/2012 15:49:24
"Hi Richard,
Is the regXml in a DB Table? or a property somewhere in the Admin Kit? Cheers Phil"

Richard Annison 19/10/2012 15:54:14
"It's in the dbReginfo table, you need to merge the following into the xml field
<config><defaultSearchListsGroups><SearchManagerContact>udGRPCONCONTSM</SearchManagerContact></defaultSearchListsGroups></config> Regards
Richard"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum