Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Heather@FootAnstey

Error Loading SearchList Empty Error Loading SearchList

Fri 17 Apr 2020 - 13:51
Original Post: Phil 21/09/2012 11:13:57

"Hi all,
I edited the Searching event of a search list to try and replace a parameter of the search list like below this.SearchList.ReplacementParmeters.Add(“ContactID”, CurrentSession.CurrentContact.ID);
Now i did this without thinking that the OMS Admin kit wouldnt have a Current Contact.
The result is that when opening this Search List now, it tryes the search which crashes the OMS Admin kit so i cannot even remove the code.
My Question is can you stop the OMS Admin kit from trying to run the search list when it loads so i can edit the code out, or is there another way to edit out the code so i can get my search list back?
Cheers Phil"

21/09/2012 12:15:04
"Hi All,
Ignore this i've solved it.
In the dbScript folder you will find a row for the script associated with the search list. The code is stored in the scrText Column as XML.
The Element you are interested in is the units elements, which looks like its an encrypted string but in fact its only encoded as a Base64 String.
I Converted this back to an Ascii string removed the line of code i added and then coverted it back to a Base64 String. I replaced this string in the units element and updated the database.
After clearing my cache and reloading the SearchList it works and doesnt have the offending line of code that crashed the Admin Kit. Many thanks Phil"

Responses:

Richard Annison 21/09/2012 14:05:51

"You can edit scripts outside of their related objects. Admin Kit->System Scripts->Search List Scripts-Highlight relevant script->Edit.
In your case of CurrentContact you could have opened a matter, client, or contact in the admin kit and that would have populated CurrentContact static property. Regards
Richard"

Phil 21/09/2012 14:28:42

" Hi Richard,
Thanks for that I now solve the CurrentContact bit.
As for the scripts I only have Session Scripts, Menu Scripts, Screen Scripts and Precedent Scripts in the System Scripts folder. Any ideas?
Phil"

Richard Annison 21/09/2012 14:44:40

"It might not be exposed by in you admin kit. You need to add an admin kit icon with the code SC|SEARCHLIST (dbAdminMenu table). Search for one of the other script codes eg SC|MENU in the column admnuCode, clone this and amend.
Regards Richard"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum