Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lynne Harding

Outlook Integration No DM Empty Outlook Integration No DM

Mon 30 Mar 2020 - 7:53
We have identified a problem on machines that have MC installed (even if not connected) whereby some emails refuse to be flagged as read (open, or right click Mark as Read etc) We are currently running outlook (2003) in cached mode and was wondering if MC is doing anything on receipt of new email. All users that are experiencing this problem have blackberrys so BES will also have a hand in there somewhere! I've uninstalled MC from my PC and the issue goes away, re-install and it comes back.Although our tech manager sees uninstalling MC as a solution, we think it is a bit drastic ;o)Any insights would be welcome as we are starting to get negative feedback from users because of this.What I was really hoping for was a reg key that would turn off any integration in outlook other than connect / disconnect etc, similar to what happens with word / excell in the no DM scenario
Lynne Harding

Outlook Integration No DM Empty Re: Outlook Integration No DM

Technically you are not fully using NODM as the license is not disabled fully until the license manager has the new licenses installed into your database. This I would advise may turn off more of the integration pieces. As a side I would advise that your problems maybe BES and Outlook 2003 related as there a number of issues which have patches from MS and RIM around updating items and how users work inside of outlook. RIM and MS don't get along (Item is changed) is the normal message. If outlook is disabled to capture events we don't read or do anything on the object model.
Lynne Harding

I'm aware of the BES issues, which is why I mentioned it and is why we are running in Cached mode as BES tends to lock messages for a while on the server
;o(What do you mean by “If outlook is disabled to capture events we don't read or do anything on the object model.”
Lynne Harding

in V4.6 we look for a license EMAIL, if the database doesn't have this license it will automatically install this until the database has the new license codes to work with backward clients whom haven't upgraded the licenses. The OM is isolated and events are captured but without reviewing the code I would suggest that we are not actually registering any events if LIMITDM is in the registry which is a short term workaround and or the full licenseing block is in place.
Are you getting any messages to say the message has changed at all? The BES and Outlook fighting on updating the message maybe happening and our addin I feel is not responsible, can you recreate everytime and isolate our Addin... Outlook is a science to itself and we have in V4.6 code to accomodate for the BES Server hitting and changing emails but as you have a version of outlook 2 versions back MSFT are not always helpful and security updates recently have had affect on BES at other sites on blogs.
Would be interested on your findings on this.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum