Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lynne Harding

Outlook slow to start with no internet connection Empty Outlook slow to start with no internet connection

Mon 30 Mar 2020 - 8:01
We have recently changed our proxy settings to use wpad.dat. Now when starting outlook the applcation hangs for 30-60 seconds before showing the matter Centre connect / disconnect buttons. This only happens on MC machines and only where there is either no proxy set or the proxy is set using wpad.dat (validated by removing MC.)I wrote a webproxy and it appears that the MC addin is trying to contact url.microsoft.com/pki.crl/products/CodeSignPCA.crl for a list of valid cert providers. Can someone confirm that this is the case, and hopefully provide a work around
Lynne Harding

Outlook slow to start with no internet connection Empty Re: Outlook slow to start with no internet connection

Are you using vsto? Vsto runtime will lookup the crl.microsoft.com to check the certificates haven't been revoked this is because we code sign our applications. Your proxy needs to allow this entry through or answer appropriately. There are loads of articles on me forums that I have responded to that will help explain the behaviour.One option is to disable the check in ie but this is a vulnerability.
Lynne Harding

Outlook slow to start with no internet connection Empty Re: Outlook slow to start with no internet connection

Will look into this as a possible temporary solution
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum