Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lynne Harding

SMS integration Empty SMS integration

Mon 30 Mar 2020 - 8:14
I am currently busy integrating the SMS module using a web service. When I use the Test service, I am able to return the message content, but get the following error when I try to get the number or send the message:
Remote server returned an error:(407)Proxy Authentication Required
It seems that in order to get around this we have to allow the proxy server to connect using “anonymous” orbypass the proxy server for all users of this application. None of these options seems viable due to security concerns.
Any ideas how to get around this?
Lynne Harding

SMS integration Empty Re: SMS integration

Mon 30 Mar 2020 - 8:15
Am not sure specifically how you are looking to implement the SMS Service, but when using a proxy there are a number of ways of passing through authentication into the WebClient request line.
Is your site running all Web traffic through a Proxy server as this is likely to be the issue,
// Create a WebProxy Class with IP or Name resolution and port if required WebProxy myProxy = new WebProxy(“http://myproxyserver:8080”,true);
// pass the myProxy instance credentials, these could be default Windows credentials or a specific username and password myProxy.Credentials = new NetworkCredential(strProxyUname, strProxyPass);
// select the your myProxy instance as the default WebRequest proxy WebRequest.DefaultWebProxy =myProxy;

You can now access the internet through the proxy server with the webclient class, easy as that. Basically the webproxy passes the proxy information to the webclient when you make webclient requests.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum