Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Heather@FootAnstey

Create a matter from a search list button Empty Create a matter from a search list button

Fri 17 Apr 2020 - 15:30
Original Post: Glen Fredericks 04/11/2014 16:54:55

"Hi, I am trying to launch the matter creation wizard from a search list button (once pre-matter instructions received have been allocated to the correct team).1. Ideally I would like to use the Service action and CMDCREATEFILE parameter in the button collection editor on the relevant button. The problem I am having with approach is, although the file creation wizard launches correctly, I am not able to pass in any parameters to the wizard using a Key Value Collection - e.g. fee earner name, pre- matter id. I want to be able to pass back a fileid to pre-matter ext data table so that this data can be displayed on the file once created Is there any code that I can use with this service which also allows me to use a key value collection?Thanks"

Responses:

Mike Vaughan (Thompsons) 05/11/2014 15:31:09
"I don't think it's possible to pass in parameters via a KVC with a Service. You could use the CurrentSession.SessionState to store some params and then access them in the next wizard
Add via CurrentSession.SessionState.Add(''key'',value)

Get via
if(CurrentSession.SessionState.ContainsKey(“key name”))
{
var myValue = CurrentSession.SessionState[“key name”];
}
instead of using individual params you could just pass in an actual KVC as the Value."

Glen Fredericks 07/11/2014 16:51:52
"Thanks Mike. Worked like a dream."
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum