Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Heather@FootAnstey

[Search Lists] Asterisk preceding column name Empty [Search Lists] Asterisk preceding column name

Fri 17 Apr 2020 - 14:49
Original Post: GaryC 27/08/2013 17:03:47

"I've just been asked by a user what the asterisk which sometimes precedes the column name on a search list indicates. I thought the answer was going to be a simple one like - they are the columns that active search is searching but after investigation I'm stumped.
I've had a look at the columns in question and also across a couple of different search lists but I haven't been able to work out what they refer to. To confuse matters, on occasion if I come out of editing a search list and go back in these asterisks disappear.
Any ideas?"

Responses:

RichardA 28/08/2013 09:38:55
"Hi Gary,
Your assumption is correct. The asterisk denote columns that are flagged for the active search. However active search only works on a column that is text whether flagged or not.
Rich"

GaryC 28/08/2013 10:57:23
"Thanks Rich, it had thrown me with the asterisk only appearing where the column was marked for activesearch AND only on text columns."
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum