Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Heather@FootAnstey

Multi Select Searchlist items by clicking them Empty Multi Select Searchlist items by clicking them

Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 11:00
Original post 05/08/2010 by Mike Vaughan (Thompsons)

"Hi,
I need to change the way users multiselect items in a search list. The way I need them to do this is either by Clicking or Double clicking the item (not by using the shift/ctrl key, and by clicking any part of the row). So if a user clicks one item, then clicks another, 2 items will remain selected. I've had a look at the script behind the Searchlist and also behind the searchlist as a control on a wizard but I haven't been able to figure it out. Is this possible to do and if so what event do I need to use, and how can I click the selected item and keep the previous items selected?

Response Richard Annison
"Searchlists use a winforms DataGrid and there isn't very much that can be done with the multi select.
You can access the DataGrid from scripting with this.SearchControl.dgSearchResults. I've had a look on google but couldn't find anything that fits you requirements. You might be able to hook into the DataGrid.MouseClicked event."

Response Graham Shaw (BJ)
" see my reply http://support.fwbs.net/Support/Forum/tabid/55/forumid/2/threadid/456/scope/posts/language/en-GB/Default.aspx re selecting by double clicking "
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum