Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lynne Harding

dbRegInfo - Document Save Wizard override Empty dbRegInfo - Document Save Wizard override

Mon 24 Feb 2020 - 8:21
I need to create a UD version of the document save wizard (SCRDOCNEW), so when a user clicks File, Save or the Save button our customized wizard (a clone with some screens removed) pops up instead (UDSCRDOCNEW). I've tried UDSCRDOCNEWandUDSCRDOCNEWin the regXML column but the SCRDOCNEW wizard pops up everytime (after the cache has been cleared). how can I get this working?
Lynne Harding

dbRegInfo - Document Save Wizard override Empty Re: dbRegInfo - Document Save Wizard override

The document save wizard should be overriden as follows.
<config><defaultForms><SaveDocumentWizard>udSCRDOCNEW</SaveDocumentWizard></defaultForms></config> Disconnecting and clearing the cache is not enough the application must be closed.
When I get a chance I will post a list of all the possible overrides and the default form they point to.
Lynne Harding

dbRegInfo - Document Save Wizard override Empty Re: dbRegInfo - Document Save Wizard override

The closing of the application fixed it, the UD Wizard opens. At the moment we don't have any specific requirements for user specific document save wizards but I will let our BA's know this is possible.
Lynne Harding

I believe there is a new option to allow you to set the Wizard to use on Save of a document by system or user this is a property I believe on the User Object, it may not exist on the user edit screens as this is not a common scenario yet but this maybe more appropriate way of handling this as we found that there was a need to have some people run a simpler wizard than other users.
The property is DefaultSaveWizard on the User obje
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum