Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lynne Harding

Document Import - Option to delete source after import Empty Document Import - Option to delete source after import

Mon 24 Feb 2020 - 8:25
We are currently looking into removing paper from our internal operations and scanning anything we do get.
We've worked out a range of things in MC that help us do this efficiently including the use of phases (representing accounting periods) Wallets for certain data classifications and of course Tickford for finding stuff later. All Good.
We stored scanned images as multi-page PDF's as they are MUCH more efficient than non-compressed multi page TIFF. As such we are unable to use the post-room application as it requires TIFF format.
We have found, for our application, that the document import wizard launched from inside the matter doc search list is pretty much perfect and efficient, EXCEPT there is no easy way to delete the source file once imported. This is an issue when one is working through a directory of scanned data as it's difficult to know where you are up to. Worse still the scanned doc now exists in more than one place and we DEFINITELY don't want that happening.
Seems an optional “delete source” on the document import might be useful to us, but I can see it might be bad for others. interested in peoples views on this one.
Lynne Harding

Document Import - Option to delete source after import Empty Re: Document Import - Option to delete source after import

Mon 24 Feb 2020 - 8:26
There has been a chunk of work done in Valencia r2 fir bulk import and would be interested of this is the functionality you are using. Docs on the Valencia tap portal should have information on the new features.

As to multi page tiff and PDF, mp tiff group4 compressed is what Adobe use internally and we have found the opposite in doc scanning. I would question how your files are being scanned as Adobe does the same and wrappers a mp tiff.
Lynne Harding

Document Import - Option to delete source after import Empty Re: Document Import - Option to delete source after import

Mon 24 Feb 2020 - 8:26
Yes, in valencia R2, I was using the import from the document view inside command centre. I have just tried the bulk import which is good, but still doesn't allow me to remove the source files after import. I'll have a look and see if we can do compressed TIFF easily from our scanner, i guess we've always used PDF as it handles the portability better for us (even though internally it's a TIFF).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum