Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lynne Harding

Associates by Matter Type Empty Associates by Matter Type

Mon 24 Feb 2020 - 8:12
I was just wondering if there was anyway to specify which associates are available for different matter types.
We would like to (for instance) only make conveyancing related associates available to conveyancing, and conversely the same for Estate Litigation. I have had a good look through the doco and not found a way to do this. Am I missing something, or is this impossible?
If it is impossible, are there any plans for this in the future?
Lynne Harding

Associates by Matter Type Empty Re: Associates by Matter Type

Currently there is no way to do this in base functionality, it is also a little bit of a break in the system in that the refinement of this is to look at the raw Entity of Contact Type and Association. It is not to say you couldn't have your own list defined for the Associate Types and override this behaviour. I don't see we would likely change this at this point due to the nature on how sometimes a user will need an associate type that isn't typical for the transaction but do understand and appreciate your comment.I will keep this in mind and review if there is any work done on this area and see whether something can be made into the core code.
Lynne Harding

Steve, that sounds both sensible and useful to me. Commonly used contact types will attract a long list of associate types quite quickly. For example, for contact type “Individual” we are in double figures for associated associate types. That's just for matter types for the Defendant half of our insurance dept.
Of course, for this to be useful, we'd need to be able to associate multiple matter types to associate types.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum