Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
srodney

Select an Associate for a Precedent Empty Select an Associate for a Precedent

Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 12:19
Hi, I've created a common method that deals with creating precedents in Taskflow. This code loops through the associates on the file and as soon as it finds the first associate of that type on the file the code breaks out of the loop (Although there is the option to send to all associates on the file using a Boolean MultiAssociate paramater that is passed in.)
Code:

foreach (FWBS.OMS.Associate associate in CurrentFile.Associates)
{
    if (associate.AssocType == assocType)
    {
        //Code Here to create precedent using Precedent and PrecedentJob objects.
        if (!multiAssociate) break;
    }
}
In the event of there being multiple associates of the same type on the file, and the end user needs to specifically choose a certain associate (“Witness” for example) this code will not be suitable because they do not need to send to the first one, or to all of them, they need to be able choose.There is a duplicate Precedent window that can open via Taskflow, is there a similar one that I can use for Associates? thanks
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Code:

FWBS.OMS.UI.Windows.Services.Searches.PickAssociate(...)
Use the overloads to filter the appropriate associate type. Peter
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
cheers Peter, I've done this...
Code:

FWBS.OMS.Associate assoc = FWBS.OMS.UI.Windows.Services.Searches.PickAssociate(CurrentFile);
and the associate object assoc works. What I would like to do is set the Associate Type in the Overloads but I don't know what to put for the first parameter "IWin32Window"
Code:

FWBS.OMS.UI.Windows.Services.Searches.PickAssociate(??????, CurrentFile, “INDIVIDUAL”, “INSURED”, “Pick”, false);
what should go there? thanks
I32Window is the Window Handle of the calling application, I think you maybe able to put null in that parameter. If that doesn't work re post and I will dig a snippet out on how you can get the current window handle, Regards
You can usually send in 0 (zero) which is the desktop G
Hi Graham I wouldn't send 0 as this is a non defined handle and on Terminal Services/Citrix machines can actually be redirected to the core console. If null doesn't work you should really find out the calling application otherwise your dialog will be parented to an incorrect window and maybe hidden from user view. Regards
cheers guys, I've used null and it uses the current window.thanks
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum