Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lynne Harding

Email precedents - loads of RTF formatting stuff? Empty Email precedents - loads of RTF formatting stuff?

Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 8:53
On our first text only email precedents, we get a load of formatting type stuff appear in the merged email like the following:
/* Font Definitions */ @font-face
{font-family:Calibri;
panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;
mso-font-alt:”Century Gothic”; mso-font-charset:0;
mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable;
mso-font-signature:-520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;} @font-face
{font-family:Tahoma;
panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;
(This goes on with more fonts, styles etc.)
This stuff doesn't appear if we just use the default email template.
It appears Word is set as our email editor (as I suddenly have a Normalemail.dotm), I don't know if this relevant. I also have email format set as HTML. Where does this come from and how do we prevent it happening?

Lynne Harding

Email precedents - loads of RTF formatting stuff? Empty Re: Email precedents - loads of RTF formatting stuff?

The text only option inserts the contents of the 'text only' precedent into the base precedent and in the case of HTML emails it is just inserting the HTML Body. I think you'll need to create your text only precedents as plain text.
Lynne Harding

Email precedents - loads of RTF formatting stuff? Empty Re: Email precedents - loads of RTF formatting stuff?

Thanks for that - using email precs seems pretty fiddly ! It seems to get a change to stick, you have to go to edit precedent, make your change, manually save the oft
file to the correct location, then go to admin kit\precedents and make a trivial change to the actual precedent DB record. Do many clients use them as far as you know? The way I got this one to work was essentially not using the default template, so making the “text only” attribute false. This prec now works even in HTML format. Our default template is pretty basic, so this is not too big a deal for us right now.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum