Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Heather@FootAnstey

Email precedents failing to populate with Merge Fields Empty Email precedents failing to populate with Merge Fields

Wed 17 Apr 2019 - 11:49
Hi
Apologies if this has been asked previously elsewhere. We do not use the native DMS of MS but use iManage (v9.3)
We have a number of Users who when running an email through MS find that any merge fields in the precedent are failing to display.
User gets the text <<FIELDNAME>> in the place where the data would be if populated correctly.
Annoyingly this behaviour is not consistent - i.e. they could run the precedent another time (same day, not necessarily with the cache being cleared first), or another day and the merge field does return the data held in MS.
The ED can be in the body of the email precedent or the subject line.
This affects all users (developers here at FA have had it happen to them)

The behaviour happens irrespective of how the precedent is accessed, i.e.
Via script in taskflow for create precedent
Via script on rendering or finishing of a wizard/screen
Via manual selection of precedent through Precedent Manager

We have tried archiving the/any offending precedent and creating it from scratch (i.e. no copy and paste of any other email precedent or content) and this has not helped. We always recommend opening the MS session in word as we have issue with Outlook in any event being a bit flooky with MS.

Has anyone experienced this or have a thought on what could be happening?

Thanks
Heather

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum