Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lynne Harding

Are tooltips on the Office 2007\2010 Ribbon for MC configurable? Empty Are tooltips on the Office 20072010 Ribbon for MC configurable?

Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 8:27
Can we configure the tooltips on the MC Office ribbons? They don't always make sense to the user, with references to OMS and also some grammatical errors, e.g. Matter Information: “Views Matter Information based on the a selected Matter”
Precedent Manager: “Displays the global list of Precedents within OMS”
Where a tooltip does not exist, it simply displays “OMSOffice2007”, so I suspect they're are in the VSTO, but just wanted to check with you just in case...
Lynne Harding

Are tooltips on the Office 2007\2010 Ribbon for MC configurable? Empty Re: Are tooltips on the Office 2007\2010 Ribbon for MC configurable?

Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 8:27
It is possible to configure the ribbons though I haven't done it myself. The forum isn't allowing me add attachments at the moment. I will email you a document on how it can be done.
The document will detail how you can extract the xml that generates the ribbons. Once you have that you should be able to find the resource name of the buttons that you want to change. Then skip to the end of the document to the section on culturing and you should be able to configure code lookups to tidy up the tooltips.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum