Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lynne Harding

Precedent - Accessing additional Client contacts Empty Precedent - Accessing additional Client contacts

Thu 26 Mar 2020 - 8:15
I was wondering how I go about accessing additional client contact info in a Precedent?
For instance, I have a Client and I have added an additional contact to this client (her husband) and set the relationship to Spouse.
In the precedent I have tried using both CLSPOUSENAME and CONTSPOUSENAME to no avail? Can these be accessed and is there a trick to it? Also, if I were to add multiple children, is there a way to recursively bring in those childrens details, given that they will just be related as Child?
I guess it would also be hand to know how to recursively bring in Associates (for instance multiple executors) into a precedent.
Lynne Harding

Precedent - Accessing additional Client contacts Empty Re: Precedent - Accessing additional Client contacts

Thu 26 Mar 2020 - 8:15
Given the lack of response on this one, I am guessing that it is not an easy out of the box option.
Is there anywhere I can get my hands on the Matter Centre Object Model so I can see if I can get a work around happening?
Lynne Harding

Precedent - Accessing additional Client contacts Empty Re: Precedent - Accessing additional Client contacts

Thu 26 Mar 2020 - 8:17
Thank you for sending the documentation through...unfortunately there was one area that you didn't cover off...is there anyway to directly merge Client Contact
information based on the Contact relationship.
An example would be...we have a male client, that client record has an additional contact on it which is his wife (and the relationship is set at wife).
Can I merge the Wife's details into the precedent? In much the same way you can do for Associates, where there is a filter for type of associate...is there the same
thing for client where you can filter on contact relationship?
On a different topic, are you planning on enabling object model access to “multiple objects (like associates)” in the future? Whilst we can use the search/data list
example in your document, the resulting layout is all but unusable in precedents produced for delivery to external parties. We need to be able to format / group the
returned data in the precedents.
Whilst I understand that there are some pretty severe limitations in MS Word around this, the initial limitation appears to be in the way we can (or cant) get the data out
of Matter Centre. Our only current work around is to forget the associates on some matters and set up the detail in extended data (or at least duplicate the data)
Your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated, however I do understand that my second question may be quite a bit more involved than the first, so if you could
drop me a note on the first when you get a chance, that would be fantastic.
Lynne Harding

Thu 26 Mar 2020 - 8:17
I was just wondering if you have had a thought about my first question on filtering contacts on a client by relationship?
Is this a possibility? If there is no chance, could you let me know and we will start developing our precedents using alternative methods.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum