Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lynne Harding

Forcing window size of wizard/form Empty Forcing window size of wizard/form

Mon 3 Feb 2020 - 9:19
Hi,We have a wizard which we have recently expanded to be a lot longer.It seems as if MC 'caches'/remembers the size the form previously was, on a per machine basis.This is causing a lot of helpdesk calls from users who now see a scrollbar, and are unaware of how to resize the window.Is there anyway we can force the size of a wizard when it opens, and even better, any way we can check what size it opens as and only resize if it's too small.Thanks,

Lynne Harding

Forcing window size of wizard/form Empty Re: Forcing window size of wizard/form

Mon 3 Feb 2020 - 9:20
We have the same issue. I found out from TR that the size of the screens are all stored in the registry. On our next update if we need to do anything, we will try updating the registry to remove the relevant keys/change their values to see what works best.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FWBS\OMS\2.0\Forms\
Also to ensure that users don't resize you can pop this into EnquiryLoaded EnquiryForm.ParentForm.FormBorderStyle = FormBorderStyle.FixedSingle;
Lynne Harding

Mon 3 Feb 2020 - 9:20
Thanks for your response. It's handy knowing where those registry keys are kept, very useful.Even better is your mention of 'EnquiryForm.ParentForm' - I hadn't come across this before, and it actually totally resolves my issue... you can use the EnquiryForm.ParentForm.Size property to set a fixed starting size (in my case, I have updated the Rendered event to check the existing size, then set it if it's below the minimum required).Thanks your help
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum