Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://mattersphere-devs.forumotion.com

Printing To A Specific Printer Empty Printing To A Specific Printer

Mon 27 Jan 2020 - 11:20
I have placed a button on the main OMS Menu called PRINT2ACCOUNTS. What code do I need to put behind that button to print to a specific printer?

The reason is is that any invoices go to a specific printer and I'd rather have this option on the OMS menu than a Word Macro which is unreliable at best.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Is the invoice done in word using the invoice.dot template? If so there is an often overlooked feature that allows you to override the printer.
I think this is setup in the Template Properties and allows you to set the no of copies and the printer to print to. You will need to ensure that this is installed as the correct name on all machines you wish to use to print this on.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thanks, Mike. The only problem is is that there will be vast numbers of documents to amend. A simple piece of code would be much preferable. Cliff
There is one master template for Invoice so only one place. Additionally you could create a base invoice template and use text only precedents to adjust. There is no easy route to move and manage printers in our API as Word has a number of challenges in printing that are not that easy to do.. Can you explain a little more how you are setting up the templates.?
Hi. I've attached a screenshot of the PRINT2ACCOUNTS button. I essentially want to click on that and print whatever document is open to a specific printer. The printer will have already been installed on
The Scripting would need to somehow work out how to get to the Word Object Model, that is not directly exposed. I will ask around to see if anyone has worked this out..
The Other option would be to have a global template that has the button added to a common toolbar as we destroy and create the MC Toolbars on load up. This could have simple VBA code to do that funtion. Still looking to see whether we could trick and access the OM but the problem is the script is common accross Outlook/Word/Excel and as such the script would have to be late bound connected if at all possible to access it.
Is there anyone who has figured this out. We don't want to use a global template.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum