Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lynne Harding

Reference to System.Xml.Linq.dll Empty Reference to System.Xml.Linq.dll

Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 8:26
I need to write some data to a database column as XML, and I can achieve what I want by using code similar to the following to generate the XML. The XML will be made up of the values of a number of controls.

XDocument xDocument = new XDocument( new XElement(“RootElement”, new XElement(“ChildElement”, new XAttribute(“Attribute1”, “Hello”), new XAttribute(“Attribute2”, “World”) ), new XElement(“ChildElement”, new XAttribute(“Attribute1”, “Foo”), new XAttribute(“Attribute2”, “Bar”) ) ));

I need to make a reference to C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\System.Xml.Linq.dll
When I add in this reference in the script of a Wizard (Languages->References), I get the following error when trying to compile. error: Metadata file 'System.Xml.Linq.dll' could not be found Line 0

Can anyone advise on how I can fix this?
Lynne Harding

Reference to System.Xml.Linq.dll Empty Re: Reference to System.Xml.Linq.dll

Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 8:26
Unfortunately the compiler options we used in matter centre don't give access to .Net 3.5 features. I would recommend creating your assembly in Visual studio and importing it as a distributed assembly.
This has beenresolved in V5.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum