Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lynne Harding

'Works For' option issue Empty 'Works For' option issue

Mon 30 Mar 2020 - 8:02
We have an issue with our ‘Works For’ not matching up correctly with what gets seen in a precedent. Users continually have to use the Re-Link fields option. I’d like to troubleshoot one specific area first to see if this solves the problem. The ‘Works For’ can be updated manually by the user, but on file creation it gets set in code to the principle fee earner of the file that is being created…CurrentSession.CurrentUser.SetExtraInfo(“usrWorksFor”, Convert.ToInt64(EnquiryForm.GetIListEnquiryControl(“cboFilePrincipleID”).Value));From what I’ve seen, I don’t think that this value is actually getting 'saved', either back to the database or in memory for Matter Centre to use. Would the following new line of code ensure that the ‘Works For’ value that is changed, is saved, and the correct value is then used throughout matter centre until it gets changed, or do you recommend another way of setting the ‘Works For’?CurrentSession.CurrentUser.Update();These are the document variables that are displaying the incorrect values. Our Ref - {DOCVARIABLE “#MATTHEIRREF” \* MERGEFORMAT }Address - DOCVARIABLE “~Usr.WorksFor.Branch.Address” \* MERGEFORMATDirect Dial - DOCVARIABLE “FEEDDI” \* MERGEFORMATSign off - DOCVARIABLE “#SIGNOFFNONAME”
Lynne Harding

'Works For' option issue Empty Re: 'Works For' option issue

I would have thought it would work without the calling User.Update(). But calling it will persist it to the database and won't do any harm.
It would however only be valid in the session your are in. So if a user creates the matter in Outlook the user object in Word would not have the changed WorksFor. Can you confirm that after the file has been created that if the user looks at their settings the value has changed?
There is also a setting on the user - 'WorksForMatterHandler' which forces documents to be created with the Fee Earner set to the files principle fee earner and not the user's works for property.
You would then have to change your merge field to ~FEE.Branch.Address. I know that doesn't cover all the incorrect fields but I can't think of a reason they would not be correct off the top of my head.
Lynne Harding

Have checked the user settings, and the Name is correct in the 'works for' after I've created the matter, but if I click Refresh it prompts me if I want to save, and if I click No the name reverts to what it was before the file was created.I've been doing some other testing had the precedent showing up a Third Name, of a fee earner on a previous file I created. I've spotted a few things with this, so it will be easier if I log a support call and see if I can get someone from FWBS to access my machine so I can show them what's going on.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum