Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://mattersphere-devs.forumotion.com

Assign Milestone Plan and File Management App via script Empty Assign Milestone Plan and File Management App via script

Thu 23 Jan 2020 - 12:50
Hi,

I was just wondering if it was possible to define the Milestone Plan and File Management Application via scripting rather than direct selecting them in the Matter Configurable Type. To give you some background, I would like to define (for example) one Domestic Conveyance Purchase Matter Type and load the File Management App and Milestone plan based on the jurisdiction. I am just trying to reduce the instances of objects we have and work a little smarter in code. It would be even nicer to have have one File Management app and load milestone plans dynamically, but I think I am may be getting a little far ahead there. Any help, as always, greatly appreciated.

Steve
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The topology for FileManagement is to hook into the File Object and as such needs a loading point and this is why it is set by the Matter Type, technically this is the only limitation/constraint. There is no reason why you couldn't facilitate a number of milestone plans and functionality in one Matter/File Type but again the helpers and system logic is refined around a taskflow process and logic states they are setup to revolve around the File Type. Without knowing the specifics of your scenario I sure you could do some of what you are requesting but may find a common system assembly would be more appropriate solution.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum