Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lynne Harding

Get value from an EnquiryForm tab from a SearchList Empty Get value from an EnquiryForm tab from a SearchList

Thu 23 Jan 2020 - 8:54
I have a UD tab on the Individual Contact Type that contains a Search List of passports “UDSCHCONTPASS”. I need the Contact ID value that is stored on the main contact tab “UDSCRCONMAIN”. I have written the code that can get me from the search list to the correct control on the “UDSCRCONMAIN”: this.SearchControl.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Controls[“UDSCRCONMAIN”] as FWBS.OMS.UI.Windows.EnquiryForm;string s = Convert.ToString(tmpE.GetIBasicEnquiryControl2(“ID”,EnquiryControlMissing.Exception).Value); which I can then pass to the KVC but when I try to use the GetIBasicEnquiryControl2 I get the following error message: error: The type 'FWBS.Common.UI.IBasicEnquiryControl2' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'FWBS.Common.UI, Version=4.7.0.17, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7fb1051d3d2d9ebc'. As I already have FWBS.Common.UI in my using list I can only assume that this is because I am using a SL script with EnquiryForm commands but I really need that value. Is there any way round this? Alternatively, is there some other way to the the contact ID? I was using this.CurrentSession.CurrentContact.ID.ToString() but this gives me the wrong value if you go into the contact via the Associates SL on a matter.
Lynne Harding

Get value from an EnquiryForm tab from a SearchList Empty Re: Get value from an EnquiryForm tab from a SearchList

Thu 23 Jan 2020 - 8:54
If I understand correctly and you are coding within the Search Lists script then you can access it's Parent object which will be the contact as follows: FWBS.OMS.Contact contact = SearchList.Parent as FWBS.OMS.Contact;
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum