Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lynne Harding

Milestone Tasks with no Due Dates Empty Milestone Tasks with no Due Dates

Mon 30 Mar 2020 - 7:55
Hi,we are using the AddTask method to add dynamic tasks without due dates. For exampleAddTask(““, “Investigation Options”, 2, ““, “tsk_02_010_investigateoptions”);AddTask(““, “Settlement tactics”, 8, ““, “tsk_08_020_SettlementTactics”);For some reason, these tasks are aquiring Due Dates. We have not been able to pin-point when this happens or why. We have no scripts in the Taskflow that modify the due date of these tasks.Users run these tasks and others in the milestone plan, and also via the other tasks tabs. Can anyone think of any reason why this would be happening and how can we stop it?
Lynne Harding

Milestone Tasks with no Due Dates Empty Re: Milestone Tasks with no Due Dates

Mon 30 Mar 2020 - 7:56
The due dates will inherit from the base Milestone Stage, I believe there is an option in Taskflow to set the behaviour for this to not inherit, I am not in front of a dev machine to confirm but in Taskflow designer I think you can configure DueDate behaviour.
Lynne Harding

Just checked the Properties of the Taskflow and there is an Option “Allow Null Date on Due Date” which is currently set to False, I assume this might be what you're referring to, I can't see any options regarding inheritance. I will change and test in our dev environment, but do you know of any adverse/other effects changing this might have?
Lynne Harding

This is the setting I was referring, basically taskflow used to behave by design as you are experiencing rolling any null date to the MS Stage Date. This was deemed undesireable in certain circumstances so this option basically manages the code to say if there is a null date override this or leave alone. You can safely change this if it is your desired result. This option was included to allow backward compatability where a user designed an application that was dependant on this style of operation.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum