Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lynne Harding

Cached Data Empty Cached Data

Thu 26 Mar 2020 - 8:06
We need to ensure that if data is updated in taskflow, when the user then looks at the tabs the data they see is the most up to date version and not the cached version. We have the same issue when it comes to switching between the milestone plan and the tasks tab. If a task is completed in the milestone plan and the user switches to the Tasks tab, the user needs to click Search for the completed task to disappear. I assume the only way we can do this is programmatically? how can we achieve the above?
Lynne Harding

Cached Data Empty Re: Cached Data

You would need to update the base object or refresh, due to the nature of binding inside of WinForms and MC this is something that is not avoidable and as such is inherent in how the system provides the extensibility to external developers. I know not the best of answers but it is managable through understanding how the binding works.
Lynne Harding

Just be careful what you refresh, as you may find that other changes that have not yet been committed could be overwritten
Lynne Harding

Thu 26 Mar 2020 - 8:07
There are more bugs caused by assuming that the user works through a dedicated flow in your application, saving and updating information is more important in MC due to the semi stateless style of working across the applications, IE Outlook and Word are technically running separate instances of the Matter Centre solution in memory.
Lynne Harding

Thu 26 Mar 2020 - 8:07
I need to get back to the BA guys with a response to their request so I think it would be best if I logged a support call for this so someone can discuss this with them directly
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum