Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lynne Harding

OMS.Utils.exe Bulk Upload Empty OMS.Utils.exe Bulk Upload

Mon 24 Feb 2020 - 8:00
I am trying to make a bulk uploader so that users can easily put a lot of files onto a matter.
The current contextual menu is good but hits it's limit very quickly depending on the length of the file path. I thought I would try to be clever and write a VBScript that got around this by calling OMS.Utils.exe from within the same directory and only pass the fill names, hence greatly reducing the characters used and increasing the number files able to be uploaded.
Unfortunately the limitation seems to be builtin to the OMS.Utils.exe code. Is there anyway around this (or any way we can get an ammended exe where I can pass the Path once and then the filenames?
Alternatively is it possible to use a dll as an api and call it all directly from the vbs (or right our own contextual menu wrapper)
Lynne Harding

OMS.Utils.exe Bulk Upload Empty Re: OMS.Utils.exe Bulk Upload

Mon 24 Feb 2020 - 8:01
I am looking into this problem. I am looking into creating a temp file that contains the files you wish to import this will remove the limitation.
Lynne Harding

I was just wondering if you had any luck with finding a solution?
Lynne Harding

Danny, could you please post some information on the work we have done within Valencia, If you are a TAP participant you may find some more documentation in the Valencia TAP Downloads
Lynne Harding

Mon 24 Feb 2020 - 8:02
Bulk is now buit into the SaveAs in explorerBulk Import Wizard SCRDOCBULK (Work Item 2253) (DMS Package Update)• There is a new Bulk Import Wizard which saves multiple documents when saving from ExplorerIf one document is selected from Explorer and saved to MC, the Document Save Wizard will run.If more than one document is selected the Bulk Import Wizard will run The document Description is set to ‘Imported %namenoext% by defaultThis can be changed to any of the following o %filename% = doc1.doco %filenoext% = doc1o %fullpath% = C:\import\wordo %extention% = docOr your own description can be entered. NB: the Description field will be used for all documents saved. It will also Bulk Import through sub folders.
Lynne Harding

Mon 24 Feb 2020 - 8:02
Thanks for the update. just one more question as it is not quite clear from your post.
Is this feature available for Silverstone or is it a Valencia enhancement?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum