Mattersphere Developers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Heather@FootAnstey

Firing search from a filter screen Empty Firing search from a filter screen

Sat 8 Feb 2020 - 10:24
Original Post: Gareth Ahmun (Morgan Cole LLP) 19/04/2012 22:29:55

"Hi all.
Is there any way to (re)fire a search on a searchlist from it's filter screen? I have added a control to the Precedent Manager searchlist/filter and when it's value is changed I want to fire the search again. It seems to do this already for Library, Category, Sub-Category etc. but I cannot see how it does this from these controls.
Thanks Gareth"

Response(s)
RichardA 20/04/2012
"Hi Gareth,
The precedent manager is a user control and it is in control of the searchlist. You can simulate one our filter controls changing which will force a refresh. Attach the following code to your controls active changed event:

private void _yourControl_ActiveChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
FWBS.Common.UI.IBasicEnquiryControl2 _lang = EnquiryForm.GetIBasicEnquiryControl2(“_language”);
_lang.OnActiveChanged();
}

Regards Richard"

Gareth Ahmun (Morgan Cole LLP) 20/04/2012 11:23:03
"Hi Richard,Thanks for the reply. I gave that a try and unfortunately it crashes Word! Gareth"

RichardA 20/04/2012 12:04:54
"I have it working in my test environment but the combo I used isn't dependent on any other controls. All I can think that is happening is that your control is dependent on one of our controls and that there is an infinite loop with our controls causing the OnActiveChanged to fire on your control.
Can you code it so that it only fires the OnActiveChanged of out control if the value in your control has changed?"

Gareth Ahmun (Morgan Cole LLP) 25/04/2012 10:56:33
"Got it working now, cheers."
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum